Today the topic which I am going to teach you is on SBI PO Reasoning Preparation and Syllabus. In the last post I have told you about SBI PO Study Plan. Now we will discuss about individual sections. This will help you to understand how to prepare for each section in the best possible manner. SBI has already announced dates for downloading the Admit Card for the PO Exam. Now the exam is very near and you should not waste a single minute now.
SBI PO Reasoning Preparation
Today we will talk about the preliminary examination only as right now the focus of every student is on preliminary exam. Subsequently I will also tell you about reasoning section of SBI PO Main Exam in the upcoming posts.
In the preliminary examination of the SBI PO 2016 there will be 35 questions. I am sure all of you must be well aware of the exam pattern. However if you have any doubt you may refer to the exam pattern once again.
The 35 questions will be of 35 marks hence each question will carry 1 mark. There will also be negative marking of 0.25 marks.
I have already told you about SBI PO Reasoning Syllabus in my earlier post. However let us discuss it again so that you may not miss any topic. The reasoning syllabus will broadly consist of topics such as relationship reasoning, statement and conclusion, seating arrangement, decision making, problem solving, analogies, similarities and differences, number series, coding decoding, arithmetical reasoning, non verbal questions etc.
I am here also going to tell you about some of the best books on reasoning which you may refer. If you are sincerely preparing for competitive exams such as of banks and SSC my suggestion is that you should have a good collection of quality books. It will help you in enhancing your knowledge and will also help you in the long term. However you may also choose book of your own choice.
- A new approach Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning
- Publication Arihant
- Author BS Sijwali
- A Modern Approach to Verbal and Nonverbal Reasoning
- Publication S. Chand
- Author RS Agarwal
- Analytical Reasoning
- Publication BSC
- Author MK Pandey.
- Verbal Reasoning
- Author RS Agarwal
SBI PO Reasoning Preparation Plan
- Accuracy and Speed are the keys for scoring maximum in this section. Accuracy is very important for example if you solve 20 questions with 90-100% accuracy, it will be better than solving 30 questions with 60-70% accuracy. Hence accuracy will help in getting more marks in less time.
- Stop looking at the watch now as far as study time is concerned. Study as much as you can. Remember you are going to participate in a competition of All India Level.
- Solve practice sets and previous questions papers as much as you can. After solving review all the answers and methods. Solve those questions again and again which you could not answer.
- Give focus to all the sections daily.
- Do not waste your time. My suggestion is that you should study as much as you can and also take rest to remain fresh.
- One personal suggestion which I would like to give you that always study on a table and chair. Do not study while sitting on a bed or lying on a bed. This will help you in better preparation.
As always you can post your comments and queries which I would love to respond.