The most awaited exam of the year of SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2016 is finally going to start. First, SBI PO preliminary exam will be conducted on 2, 3, 9 and 10 July 2016 across four different slots per day. Thereafter the mains exam will be conducted for the candidates who will qualify in the preliminary examination.
As per the early estimate about 15 lacs students may appear in the preliminary examination. Since the competition is going to be very tough I am going to provide you some useful tips which may help you a lot in the last minute preparation.
Tips for SBI PO Preliminary Exam
- Please go through the exam pattern SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2016 once again. You should be very clear about the exam pattern. Please understand the pattern as well as syllabus for the three sections viz. English, Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude.
- You should reach the exam centre at least 60 minutes before the exam. The reason is when you reach the centre early you have time to organize yourself. Everybody has some anxiety before the exam but when you reach early you can get rid of the anxiety.
- In the exam hall read the instructions very carefully. There are many students who do not read the instructions carefully and do silly mistakes which can easily be avoided.
- Before the exam please make a plan about the time management. As this is going to be a 60 minutes exam hence you should have a proper time management plan. With a proper time management plan you can perform well in all the three sections. Give time to all the sections and clear the sectional cut off which is very important.
- In my view the ideal time plan for the SBI PO prelims is that one should devote 10 minutes on English, 25 minutes on Reasoning and 20 minutes on Quantitative Aptitude. 5 minutes you should keep for questions which you have skipped or for review of any question in which you have doubt. But this is my personal view. However based on your strengths you can make a time management plan for all the section.
- As far as a good and a safe score is concerned. It is difficult to predict a good score as level of competition is very high here. Further the number of well prepare students is also increasing. Therefore one needs to have a very good score to qualify. As you know that there are only 2200 vacancies therefore the number of students who will qualify for the main exam will not be very high. A safe score should be like this:
English language: 20+
Reasoning ability: 25+
Quantitative aptitude: 25+
- Try to score as many marks as you can get. Fractions of marks can decide the fate of a candidate hence your objective should be not to waste a single second and score as much marks as you can during the exam.
- Believe in yourself. Although no doubt the competition is tough but it is also a fact that thousands of candidates will qualify for the mains. Therefore give your best shot during the 60 minutes and go with a clear cut approach of qualifying the exam. Such approach will improve your confidence and you will be able to qualify the SBI PO Preliminary Exam 2016. After the exam please post your scores and will analyze.