THE ORIENTAL INSURANCE COMPANY LIMITED ASSISTANT EXAMINATION PATTERN, 2015-2016
The Oriental Insurance Company Limited (OICL), which is one of the leading Public sector General insurance companies and wholly owned by Government of India has recently invited applications for the 606 post of Assistant.
The detailed syllabus and exam pattern of OICL Assistant Examination 2015 has been provided for the convenience of aspirants:
The OICL Assistant Exam will be conducted in three stages:
- Online written exam – 250 marks
- Interview – 15 marks
- Computer Proficiency Test – Qualifying
The 250 marks of the online written exam will be reduced to a base of 35 marks and interview of 15 marks will be taken together to prepare a final merit list. The ratio of online exam and interview will be 70:30.
ONLINE WRITTEN EXAM:
The online written exam will consist 5 tests which will be of objective type and will be having overall 200 questions (40 questions in each section) and have to attempt within 2 hours. Here are the details of papers and the syllabus of these sections.
- Test of Reasoning – 40 questions/50 marks – Number series, Coding-Decoding, Analogy, Blood Relations,Syllogism, Calendar problems, Sitting arrangement, Ranking test, Visualization, statement and assumptions, Venn diagram, Input-Output, Decision making, Logical reasoning etc.
- Test of English Language – 40 questions/50 marks – Synonyms and Antonyms, Comprehension, Cloze test, Word arrangement, sentence arrangement, Fill in the blanks, Error correction, One word substitution, Idioms and phrases ,word meanings etc.
- Test of General awareness – 40 questions/50 marks – Current affairs (National & International), Major financialand economic news, important days, Awards and honors, Books and authors, Sports, Abbreviations, Scientific aspects, Special emphasis on Insurance awareness and many more daily updates.
- Test of Numerical ability – 40 questions/50 marks – Simplification, Average, Percentage, Time and work, Time and Distance, Profit and loss, Simple interest and Compound interest, Problem on ages, Data interpretation, Data sufficiency, Quadratic equation etc.
- Computer Knowledge – 40 questions/50 marks – Basics of computer, shortcut keys, Input, Output,Internet, MS Office (MS word, MS excel, MS Power Point), Computer architecture, Computer abbreviations etc.
Candidates who are willing to join the Oriental Insurance Company Limited need to work hard and must devote equal time in each of the following sections in order to ensure their name in final merit list.
The candidates will be called for interview (15 marks) on the basis of their online written exam performance. Candidate’s educational qualification knowledge, Hobbies, Insurance awareness and all the other areas of interest will be assessed during interview. After that there will be Computer proficiency test which is merely qualifying test and doesn’t have any weightage in the exam.
The final merit list of OICL assistant cadre will be prepared on the basis of online exam, Interview, Computer Proficiency test and after that, provisional allotment will be done.