In this post we are going to tell you about best general awareness books for bank PO exams. General Awareness is the one section of Bank PO in which a student can score very high marks at the same time he or she may also be able to complete this section rapidly, provided preparation is good. Now-a-days in General Awareness Section of Bank Exams there is also a lot of emphasis on Banking Awareness Questions. Hence you have to prepare in a planned manner with good books on general awareness and banking awareness.
As poor quality books and poor sources of preparation can spoil your preparation. The structure of Bank PO General Awareness paper is more or less similar to that of given below:
Structure of Bank PO General Awareness Paper
- Banking Awareness-18 Questions
- Economy- 8 Questions
- Current Affairs-National – 8 Questions
- Current Affairs-International – 8 Questions
- Sports-3 Questions
- Others- 5 Questions
Total Number of questions-50
You can see that current affairs are having lot of questions along with the Banking Awareness so you have to prepare accordingly.
Some of the best books & sources which you can refer for Banking Awareness and General Awareness preparations are as under:
- Money Banking & Finance by Shri NK Sinha (BSC Publications)
- Read at least two monthly magazines such as Competition Success Review and Banking Services Chronicle for current affairs (for Hindi medium Pratiyogita Darpan is very good), both are very good quality magazines and almost error free. Regular read Times of India & Economic Times or you can also visit their websites and note down the important points/headlines.
- Visit www.onlinegk.org on a regular basis as this site is providing current affairs questions specially designed for Competitive & Bank Exams. You can check questions of last 7-8 months in this website.
- For Daily current affairs you can also visit FACEBOOK PAGE on General Awareness for Bank Exams and can find very useful stuff for bank exams.
Discussion is the key, discuss more and more with your friends and colleagues on various topics and you will find that many questions are prepared through discussion it self.
You can also Join Bank Exams Preparation Group for chat and discussion with thousands of fellow aspirants.